Most bus passengers today enjoy high speed public WiFi, pay for tickets online and track bus arrival times using their smartphone. Moreover, majority of public transportation users cannot imagine their trips without seeing relevant information on bus mounted digital signage screens as well as without security cameras ensuring their safety. All of this would not be possible without advanced communications hardware connecting people, equipment and cloud services into one seamless system.
In order to keep up with competitors and the needs of passengers the bus companies are searching for reliable, easily deployable and cost-effective solutions to ensure public Wi-Fi, empower electronic payment systems, CCTV cameras and digital signage screens. All of the components of such solution would not be possible without reliable Internet source and advanced communications hardware.
RUT955 by Teltonika is a single device able to address most onboard connectivity challenges with ease. It is favored amongst our partners in transport field due to reliable connection it is able to provide using auto switching dual SIMs, large number of physical interfaces and E-mark certification ensuring full compliance with number of important requirements when mounting additional devices in aftermarket automotive vehicles.
- Provide accurate location tracking services using embedded GNSS module.
- Connect at least seven 1080p30 CCTV IP security cameras due to robust and reliable Cat4 LTE.
- Provide secure passenger hotspot with advertising and landing page for convenient and managed browsing.
- Empower Digital Signage screens across the vehicle for informational and advertising services.
- Give connectivity to existing or new ticketing terminals via Ethernet or Serial to ensure card payments or collect and upload ticketing statistics to operator’s platform.
- In addition, I/O elements such as Panic Buttons can be installed across the bus to give even more control to the bus operators.
RUT955 by Teltonika is a single device able to address most onboard connectivity challenges with ease. It is favored amongst our partners in transport field due to reliable connection it is able to provide using auto switching dual SIMs, large number of physical interfaces and E-mark certification. Moreover, RUT955 is compatible with Teltonika Remote Management System (RMS) which allows system operators to conveniently manage their fleet of routers remotely from anywhere even without Public IP!